The Association of Unity Churches was created in the mid-1960s to
serve the needs of the churches and ministers throughout the movement.
the Unity movement was growing, it became increasingly complex to
manage the needs of the field ministries. In the mid-1960s, Unity School
of Christianity suggested that Unity ministers form a group to support
the work of the churches. This resulted in better services for the
churches and ministers.
Our organization overarching/ongoing services include:
- Progressive, transparent, frequent and interactive communication through multiple mediums
- Education, CE credits, credentialing
- Employment services for ministers and ministries
- Expansion and alternative ministry support
- Leadership training and development for boards, ministry teams, etc.
- Administrative support/consulting – HR policy, IRS, pension, manse, etc.
- Ministry Skills (formerly Peace Skills) consultations and ethics peer review
- Events – Convention, Winter Meeting, IYOU, Youth & Family Ministry training, ministry team meetings, consultant trainings
- Marketing of UWM’s services and products to the field
formation of the Association of Unity Churches created two major
organizations within the movement─the Association being the
lesser-known. In 2011, the Association of Unity Churches International
adopted the Unity Identity Program.
As a result, we changed our name to Unity Worldwide Ministries. This
focus on the Unity brand is uniting and strengthening our movement,
making us more easily recognizable to the general public.